Many businesses, organisations and associations - large and small - have stories and traditions they are proud of. To showcase their stories to the world, they employ historians to record, preserve, and tell their stories and histories to a wider audience. Why? Because they know that stories have value and convey a sense of their identity.
History is a source of cultural wealth. Showcasing your history can provide a competitive advantage: it can help to strengthen your brand and reputation, create or strengthen a sense of identity, and make you stand out amongst a sea of similar companies or organisations.
We know that not only those who are world famous have stories to tell. Every organisation, company or association has a history and a story to tell. Is it time to tell your story?
Be our Community Partner
If you are interested in telling your story, we would like to invite you to become our History Internship Community Partner. In the 2019-20 academic year the Department of History will be running a new undergraduate course called "History Internship". In this course, Prof. David Pomfret (Head of the School of Humanities, HKU) will instruct and guide our final year students crafting the history of your business / organization / association. By the end of the course you will receive a free consultation session and a carefully-researched, written and edited history, free of charge.
1. Weeks 1-3: Students will conduct research visits to interview, collect sources, and to find out more about your business / organization / association
2. Weeks 3-6: After going through the primary materials, students will conduct more in-depth research, with further interviews and collection of relevant data
3. Weeks 7-10: Students will draft the writing, and they will schedule a free formal consultation session where they will present to you their preliminary results
4. Weeks 11-14: Students will submit the final project to the Department as the course assignment, and they will share their project with you
5. Outcome: Your business / organization / association can use the students' historical writing to promote your business / organization / association on websites, or in commercial / shop space. The text will be in English, but a Chinese version may also be provided.
|Frequently Asked Questions|
|Interested? Contact Us and Find Out more!|
Would you and your business / organization / association like to collaborate with us? Get in touch! If you have questions about the course, we are also happy to answer them. Contact us by emailing Ms. Wilhelmina Ko at email@example.com.